Saturday, December 9, 2017

Poinsettia Collage Card

Happy Saturday, peeps!   It's supposed to storm starting tomorrow, so I'm enjoying this lovely, sunny day here while we have it.  Took a nice brisk walk earlier, and chatted with neighbors over the fence after lunch.  Early December is usually pretty snowy here, but so far we've managed to escape too much of that.
I spent a little time in my studio this afternoon, playing with more Christmas stamps......
This poinsettia collage stamp is one of my very favorites.  It is from Magenta, one of my favorite stamp companies!  I don't know the item number, as it is a cling stamp, and I misplaced the packaging.  

I stamped and gold embossed the image onto red mulberry paper, then onto white card stock.  I watercolored with FineTec gold pigments.  For the red berries, I used a red Tim Holtz distress marker.  

I fussy-cut the flower and the left-side panel and attached them over the mulberry paper image.  I used foam tape to raise the flower.  I tore the mulberry paper to create an interesting, fibery edge, then layered it onto a square of gold paper.  

For my background, I used a piece of decorative textured paper from The Paper Company.  I use the Fine-Tec gold paints, and a distress foam applicator to apply gold highlights on the raised areas of the paper.  A couple of strips of red and gold along the left edge, then the prepared panel over all.  
Here is a close-up of the background highlighted paper....
 A lovely red satin bow finishes off this festive card.  Red and white with gold really says Christmas to me. 

I am adding my card to:

Make My Monday Challenge - Happy Holidays

Splitcoaststampers Free-For-All Challenge - Favorite December holiday

Thanks so much for stopping by today. 
I wish for you a blessed and very merry holiday season.


Blessings,

lynda


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the flower and side piece on the red. Really sets them off!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Sian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the Mulberry paper as it is a great addition. Thanks for joining us at MMM.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!