Monday, December 18, 2017

Christmas Trees!

I have a couple of more Christmas cards using the Technique Junkies Christmas Trees Set of 6  and the Gifts of Christmas Set of 5
For this card, I created the background on watercolor paper, using Tim Holtz distress inks.  I taped down the paper, then wet it all over with a mop brush and lots of water.  Then I dropped in blues, purples, and green inks and let it interact with each other and with the water. 

When the background was dry, I cut it to size, and embossed the trees using Judi Kins Black Opal embossing powder.  This powder has lots of sparkles of fiery colors in with the black that look amazing in real life.  I tried to capture it here...
For the strip along the top, I embossed a piece of card stock and cut it and layered it onto the card.  I embossed the verse in regular black embossing powder.  I added some dots with an embossing marker, and drew a star, then added silver embossing powder in the sky.

For my second card, I used Tim Holtz distress oxide inks to create the background, then embossed the trees in black embossing powder. The stars are from a sheet of sticker Peel-Offs.  I die cut the pieces using a Spellbinders die, and created the banners for the Merry Christmas from the left over pieces of the panel I had created for the background.
I hope you are enjoying the holiday season and all the festivities.  I love this time of year when everyone seems a bit happier, more jolly, and shares the Christmas spirit.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Be sure to stop over at the Technique Junkies blog and check out the challenge.  
You have until January 14th to enter to win a $25 Technique Junkies gift certificate!!  You can see details and enter the challenge HERE.

Also, get 10% off your stamp order by using my code TJ10Lynda.

Thanks for stopping in.  Have a wonderful week before Christmas!

Blessings,

lynda joy

1 comment:

  1. Really great cards, Lynda! I especially love the background on that first one!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!