Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Magenta Card With Distress Oxide Inks

I had so much fun playing with my new distress oxide inks today!  I kept putting off purchasing them, but finally did it...and I am so glad I did.  I love, love, love them!  I churned out several background panels today during my play time.  Here is the first finished project.....
I used a Magenta stamp 040327-N, and embossed it onto one of my distress oxide background panels, then cut it out.  I layered it onto a blue card stock panel, on which I had stamped some script.

On a blue A2 card, I used gel medium to attach white tissue paper with tiny silver speckles in it.  To attach, I first wadded up the tissue, then opened it up and used gel medium to attach the tissue to the card front.  This created crevices and texture.  I used my Clarity brushes and distress inks to add colors to the tissue paper card front.  
Here is a close-up of the tissue paper and also the distress oxide stamped panel....
I colored the butterflies with Caran D'Ache neocolor II crayons.

I am adding my card to the Happy Little Stampers mixed media challenge, which is to use tissue paper on your creation.  










I hope you are enjoying these last couple of days of August.  Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings,

lynda


4 comments:

  1. I love all the layers. A very beautiful card.
    Thanks for joining us at HLS
    Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous .... I love the layers and the texture. Distress Oxides are fun aren't they! Thank you for playing along with the HLS Mixed Media challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card! I just purchased a few distress Oxides pads and have had only a little time to play with them. When I get a chance I am going to give the tissue paper technique a try!! Thank you for sharing the technique.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!