Friday, August 18, 2017

Altenew Inspiration Challenge Card

Greetings!  I had a little time today to play with my stamps, and created a card for the Altenew Inspiration Challenge for August.  It was a brutally hot and humid day, so staying indoors was the only way to go for me.  I am not a fan of heat and humidity.

Here is a card I created today...
I started by stamping the Altenew wooden background stamp onto bristol card stock.  I then ran my Tim Holtz distress mini ink pads in brushed corduroy, gathered twigs, antique linen, and forest moss vertically down the paper.  I pretty much covered the inked wooden background, but I liked the look anways, so kept it.  I attached the panel to a top-fold A2 card.  I stamped and watercolored the Altenew stamp from the Best Mom stamp set on watercolor paper, then fussy-cut it out. 

I used the Spellbinders triple tear die to cut shiny gold card stock and adhered that the the background.  Then I used mini glue dots to adhere the floral image.  I also added a strip of the shiny gold paper and a piece of background paper I had created previously for another card, and added the strips along the left edge.

Here is a close-up...
 

You inspire me is stamped with Brilliance gold ink.  The 'You' is from Altenew's Adore You set, and the 'inspire me' is from the Hibiscus Bouquet set.

I am adding my card to the Altenew Inspiration Challenge 








Thanks so much for visiting.  Hope to see you back here soon.

Blessings,

lynda


2 comments:

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!