Saturday, April 1, 2017

Saying Hello Card For Altenew Challenge

April showers bring May flowers!!  We have had rain for two days now, so fingers crossed that means spring is finally really here.  It is still chilly, but at least we are snow-free....hopefully until next winter.  Today's card makes me think of spring.

Stamps:
Altenew Best Mom stamp set (flower) and Painted Butterflies stamp set (Just saying hello)
Other:
Watercolor paper, Tombow markers, India Ink Black stamp pad, Misti, Our Daily Bread double stitched rectangle dies.

I stamped the flower onto the watercolor paper, and painted it using Tombow markers.  I rubbed the markers onto a palette, and used the marker ink as watercolor.  For the background, I used the marker ink like watercolor.  I wet the paper around the image, and dropped in blue and green, and manipulated it with my brush.  Then I spattered on water droplets, and used a paper towel to pick up the color, creating the white ghosty spots.

I used my Misti to stamp the phrase, as I knew I would need to stamp it more than once on the watercolor paper.  I layered the panel onto card stock layers, and used a frame I had die cut with the Our Daily Bread double stitched rectangle dies.  I chose not to embellish my card, as I felt it was busy enough, and really did not want to detract from the focal image.
https://i2.wp.com/altenewblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Altenew_2017_April_Inspiration-Challenge_Graphic.jpg?w=1200 
I am adding my card to the Altenew Inspiration Challenge .





Before I close, I just have to share this picture of the boots my daughter bought me for my birthday. 
 Aren't they fun?!  I love the flowers.  They make me smile.  I was kind of glad it was raining these past two days, as I was able to wear my boots when I went out to run my errands.  They made walking through the rain much more fun.

Thank you for stopping by today. I appreciate your comments.  

Blessings,

lynda














5 comments:

  1. lovely design! and love those boots too! have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your watercolor interpretation, Lynda! The colors are spot on and the peeking out petals and leaf are lovely! Thanks so much for playing Altenew April Inspiration Challenge! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty..love how you let one petal be outside the frame...
    TFS,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just lovely! I'm in the middle of finishing my entry and it looks somewhat similar. I guess I'll have to adjust it a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynda, congratulations on being the Featured Stamoer on SCS this week! Thank you also for sharing the derails of how you made this card, because I just love it! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!