Friday, October 28, 2016

Happy Thoughts Fall Card

Hi, and welcome!  

Today I decided to make a CAS card.  I have to say, even though CAS is not my go-to style, it is starting to grow on me, and I am enjoying the change now and then.  It is getting a little easier for me, but I still have to fight the urge to add 'just one more thing!'

 I used stamps from Hero Arts.  I thought it would be fun to stamp them on kraft card stock, and see what happens when I color with Tim Holtz distress inks.  It worked, and I like the effect.  It looks somewhat muted on the kraft, giving it a more fall feel, I think.  I used a Dove blender to 'watercolor' the ink onto the leaves.  

I used masking to stamp the leaf in square three times down my card, and added the same type of lines around the perimeter of the card using my brown micron pen to mimic the lines around the leaves.

A little soft shading with distress ink and my Clarity brush, and a verse stamped on vellum complete this CAS card today.

I made this card for these challenges:

A Blog Named Hero - Geometric (squares)
  
Stamp, Ink, Paper - Color challenge  

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge  - Autumn

Tuesday Throwdown - Add a border

http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com/  - Sketch 260

So glad you stopped in today.  Thanks for visiting.  Be sure to check out the challenge blogs for inspiration!

Blessings,

lynda

6 comments:

  1. Really lovely, great trio of leaves in the challenge colours. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely and elegant, Lynda! I admire your hand doodling, I am not a good doodler! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! Love those leaves and the little clip! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific card! Your coloring on kraft is really pretty and I love the added border. So glad you shared your creation at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your framed leaves! Beautiful for fall! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the win over at Stamp Ink Paper! I just love how your card turned out. The muted fall colors are so elegant and got perfectly with the kraft background for a Fall color scheme. Your border around the card matched the stamped images so well that I thought at first that was another coordinating stamp! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!