Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Serendipity Stamps Card

A quick post today, as we are heading to the beach for the season's last concert at the beach.  
 I reached way, way back to a technique I used to teach at my store, The Stamp Pad.  The panel on the left side of the card is done with Colorbox inks.  It is called Direct To Paper.  I took my Cat's Eye Colorbox inks in fall colors, and applied them directly from the pad to the paper.  I created a 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 sheet, since I had everything out.  That way, I can get two or three cards or more from the one background.  

I took it a step further than direct to paper, however.  I stamped the leaves from Serendipity with permanent black ink over the dtp background, then added more Colorbox ink over the stamped images.  Then, I embossed the whole shebang with clear embossing powder.  The images popped right out, even though I had applied more ink over them!

I adhered a strip of this background to an A2 card, and a thin gold glitter ribbon.  The Charles Dickens saying is from Serendipity, also, which I embossed in gold.  

Finally, I embossed three of the leaves in gold, and watercolored them using Adirondack inks.  I adhered them to the card with foam tape for dimension.  A few sequins finish off today's card.

Here is a close-up of the dtp...
This card is for the following challenges:

Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog - # 58 Add fabric or ribbon (gold glitter ribbon)

Tuesday Throwdown - Make It Sparkle (gold glitter ribbon, embossing, and sequins) 

AAA Cards Challenge - Blending (DTP, Watercolor)

Thank you for stopping by.  I appreciate your visit.  

Blessings,

lynda

9 comments:

  1. A beautiful card, and such a clever technique. Thanks for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever technique, makes for a really rich colour and sounds a bit magic to me. Thanks for playing at AAA cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lynda! We must be thinking alike - just this week I pulled out my old colorbox pigment pads and wondered if anyone did any dtp anymore! Your card is beautiful! Love the direct to paper! Good to see it again! Thanks for joining our Serendipity Stamps Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing, I love these rich colours with the gold and that strip of gold is stunning. Thanks for joining AAA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully made
    Please have a look my card too I hope u also like it my card title is friendship card on my bolg I will be very happy thank

    http://poojacraft.blogspot.in/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynda this is so very beautiful! Love the gold leaf technique you did for this gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at the Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, love the blending on the leaves along with that gold embossing, thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous gold embossing Lynda! This is so beautiful and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful card. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!