Friday, August 5, 2016

Hello Watering Can Card

I decided to play with my Art Impressions watercolor design stamps today.  I have the three sets of the clear stamps.  Now I see that there are new cling sets available, and I've got my eye on those!  The UTube videos I have watched are fabulous, and I have been wanting to get them out and have a play.  So, that's just what I did.  I definitely need practice, but like anything, I am sure I will improve with time and patience.
 I love this watering can, there is so much you can do with it!  I chose flowers this time.  I used Tombow markers to 'ink' the stamps, and followed the technique I learned on the videos I watched.  After the panel was finished, I used my Spectrum Noir clear sparkle brush to add shimmery glitter/glimmer to the flowers and foliage.  In real life, the glittery look is really so shimmery!  
I brushed some distress ink along the outside edges, then mounted it to a card front, adding some green and mauve card stock strips along the left edge.

I also added some shimmery clear sequins for a little more glam.

I am adding my card to these challenges:

Art Impressions Stamps - Challenge 190 - Glitter and Shimmer

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Fabulous Florals

Allsorts Challenge - A Touch of Sparkle

Thanks so much for visiting today.  Enjoy your weekend!

Blessings,

lynda

1 comment:

  1. this is a beautiful work of art!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!