Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Simple Pleasures Card

Today I had fun coloring and designing this card using stamps from Impression Obsession from their Refreshments WP270 clear set.  The challenge on the IO blog is Hello Sunshine/Use warm colors.  So I immediately thought of this fun set.
 I stamped the design onto bristol card stock with my India Ink black stamp pad.  I used Tombow markers to watercolor the design.  I started with the darkest color on each object, directly onto the object, then blended the color out.  Then I rubbed lighter colors onto a palette, and added them.  I stayed mostly with warm colors of orange, yellow, lime, peach, hot pink for the challenge.

For the edge of the panel, I used ripe persimmon distress ink and a Clarity stencil brush to get the soft effect.  I stamped and colored, then fussy-cut some items out and added them to the design using foam tape for dimension.

Of course, I had to add some spatters, and some shimmer with my crystal clear sparkle Spectrum Noir pen.  It really shimmers in real-life.  Here is a close-up in hopes you can see the shimmer and detail better....
I added a strip of designer paper along the left edge, and mounted the panel onto an A2 card.  Inside I stamped two of the drink glasses and the verse Enjoy the sweet things in life.

I love this set, and will definitely be using it more.  This card is going to my friend, Linda, who makes the BEST margaritas!  And she always uses fancy glasses and all the embellishments.  

As I mentioned, this card is for the Impression-Obsession's Hello Sunshine/Warm colors challenge. 

I am also adding my card to:
Simon Says Wednesday - Anything Goes challenge 
House of Cards Challenge - Fruit, drink, or colors 
www.thedailymarker.blogspot.com - 30 day color challenge day 24!

Thanks for visiting today.  Hope you get a chance to stop by these blogs and check out the challenges and entries.

Blessings,

lynda


 

 

4 comments:

  1. Lynda, I love your coloring on this wonderful image. I wanted to reach in and take the glass. PS..for some reason I was not able to comment on your first card for the IO challenge. It was lovely. I really liked how your die cut bird looked with the bright colors behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, this is sooo cute! These heart shaped lemon slices are adorable!! Very beautiful card!!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Hous of Cards.
    Hugs, Rosi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Card! Thanks for sharing with us in HOC! Enjoy..Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Lynda! I love the image you've used and the sparkle is so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!