Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Live Life In Full Bloom

Today's card is definitely not clean and simple!  I'm baaaaaack!!  I had so much fun making this.....
 It is actually not a card.  For part of her Christmas gift, I gave my bestie a display stand (just like the one I have and use for my pictures I post), along with a quote with stamped art.  Then, throughout the year, I make card fronts, panels, or collages with inspirational and uplifting quotes.  Then every time she gets a new one from me, she changes the display.  She keeps it on the island in her kitchen, where she sees it every day.  I try to make one per month, but sometimes time gets away from me; but eventually I do catch up, so then she gets two or three very close to each other!  
So, for this one, I used watercolor paper, cut to about 6.5 x 5".  I stamped and embossed with gold flowers and leaves from Impression-Obsession's clear set CL109 Damask Floral.  Kathy at The Daily Marker made some cards using doodle stamps, and watercolored them.  Since I am adding this the the 30 day color challenge there, I decided to use these doodle-like stamps for my project. 
 I watercolored the images using TH distress inks in shades of purples and greens/blues.  I stamped a few extra leaves and flowers, and layered them onto the composition, using foam tape on some of them for added dimension and interest.  
For the verse, I used IO's stamp D19119 Oval Word-Full Bloom.  I wanted it to be in gold, to carry the gold out from the composition.  So I stamped it very lightly with antique linen ink (second generation), then I painted over it with my Fine Tec gold paints, with a fine watercolor brush.  
A few sprinkles of gold and purple, and some Swarovski crystals were the finishing touches. 
I mounted the panel onto a shimmery blue card stock.  

Here are some close-ups of details:
 


Can't wait to give this to her!

I am also adding this to the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Flora and/or Fauna
Addicted To Stamps - Anything Goes
Virginia's View Challenge - All About Colors
Art Impressions Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by today.  Enjoy your week, and try to stay cool!

Blessings,
lynda 

4 comments:

  1. Breathtaking. Thanks for sharing your art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda, I just saw this remarkable and beautiful piece of art on Splitcoaststampers. I had to visit your blog to learn more about your creation, and I'm glad I did! Great art work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! What great colors and embossing!! Love it!! Thanks for playing along with us at Art Impressions Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just adore the gold embossing on this striking card, it looks fabulous! Thank you so much for playing along with us and for sharing your project over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!