Thursday, July 21, 2016

Birthday Joy Card

July is winding down, and it's hotter than, well, you know.  I found some reprieve from the heat today at a friend's house, where we stamped and played with our card-making 'toys' all afternoon.  I will share what I made on tomorrow's post.  I still have to put some finishing touches on my creations.

For today, I decided to try one of my new dies......
 The colorful panel was created with Twinkling H20's.  Remember those?  If you do not know what they are, they are a wonderful watercolor paint, and they have a very shimmery luster to them.  You can't tell from the picture, but in real life, this background has such a vibrant shimmer and twinkle.  I simply dipped my wet paint brush into the H20's, and swiped them onto the card, using the warmer colors of the color wheel.  I adhered the panel to a white card base when it was dry.

I used the Impression-Obsession DIE200-I die to cut the bird from white card stock, then used a circle die to cut it out.  I stamped happy birthday on the die with Marvy Matchable inks using the Impression-Obsession Happy Birthday square frame from the WP40 Fun Frames set.  I simply inked only one side of the square frame and stamped it.
The JOY stamp is also Impression-Obsession, C5471, and I embossed it with VersaMark ink and white embossing powder.
I adhered the die to the panel, added some Swarovski crystals, and Viola!  It was finished!
 
There are several blogs with really interesting and fun challenges today, so I made this card for the 30 day color challenge at www.thedailymarker.blogspot.com , as well as the following challenges:
Impression-Obsession  - Hello Sunshine - Use Warm Colors
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Things With Wings
Love To Scrap Challenge  - Anything Goes
Seize The Birthday Challenge  - Bold and Bright Birthday

Thanks for visiting today.  See you tomorrow, when I will catch up with my 30 day color challenge (I'm a day behind, so I will post two).  I have some that I started today at Karen's house, so I will finish those up and post tomorrow.  Hope to see you then.

Blessings,

lynda


 

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card. Would also make a wonderful design for Christmas! And your background looks great. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, beautiful card Lynda and what fab colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Love that fabulous background. Thanks for playing with LTSCB. Sorry I'm so late in commenting . . . life is so busy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!