Monday, July 18, 2016

Be Yourself - Challenge Card

I used some Magenta Stamp dragonfly stamps today for my card.  I love dragonflies.  A couple of weeks ago, one landed on our kitchen window screen.  He stayed there all morning, keeping us company.  He flew away when the sun came around to that side of the house.  They look so very big close-up!

For my card, I used just two of Magenta's dragonfly stamps....
On the textured card stock, for the stamped panel, I masked off the rectangle with painter's tape, then sponged in Tim Holtz distress inks in shades of green and blue, then spattered it by dipping a paint brush into some ink on my craft mat mixed with water, then flicking it onto the taped and sponged section.  I then stamped the large and small dragonflies a few times with the same inks.  When dry, I carefully lifted the tape.

I stamped a few more dragonflies, colored them with a Dove blender and distress ink, and fussy-cut them out.  I played around with the placement until I was happy, then attached them to the panel with mat adhesive.

The Be yourself is hand written by me.  I didn't have a stamp that had a sentiment I liked for this card.  I intentionally kept the one dragonfly white, and used the clear Spectrum Noir glitter brush on it.  Since it is different from the rest, I thought this sentiment would be perfect.
Here is a close-up which I had hoped would show the sparkle...in real life it really sparkles!!
 

The panel is layered onto another panel with craft foam, then onto a card.

This card is for day 14 of the 30 day color challenge at The Daily Marker.

Thank you for stopping by today!  

Blessings,

lynda


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!