Saturday, April 23, 2016

Dreamweaver Trees Stencil - Three Cards

The old adage, "one person's trash is another's treasure," certainly rings true.  I rescued this Dreamweaver tree line stencil from my friend's waste basket during one of our stamping sessions a while ago.  Today, I thought I would challenge myself to make a card or two.....or three!  Here is what I came up with.....
I used distress inks with my Clarity Stamp stencil brushes through the stencil, onto light kraft card stock.  The die is from Simon Says Stamp, along with the verse (die - Wishing SSSD111423; stamp - Sending & Wishing set SSS101475).  A few dots with my white Signo pen finish this one.

This one I embossed, and it really came out pretty raised, although it doesn't show in this picture.  I embossed it on light gray card stock, then used my brushes to swish some pumice stone distress ink onto it.  Added Simon Says Stamp With Sympathy SSSD111360 die.  I punched some dots from the same card stock and added them for a little interest.

Finally, I watercolored a panel using the smoosh technique and dried it with my heat tool and set it aside.  Then I took the stencil and dabbed black soot distress ink directly onto the stencil, gave it  a little mist of water, then turned it ink-side-down onto the watercolored panel.  The ink beaded up a little on the stencil, because it is metal, but it came out pretty clear.  I just filled in the missing spots with my black soot distress marker.  I did leave the leaves part of the stencil sketchy, and I like the look of the leaves that way.  Printworks PW Borders Q045 set has this Love You stamp, which fits perfectly in between the two trees.

So, I had fun in my craft room this afternoon.  Three different looks from the same stencil.  I wonder if Arlene is going to want her stencil back now!

Thanks for stopping by!

lynda

  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!