Sunday, February 21, 2016

Card and Gift Box Set

I had so much fun today.  After church I got into my 'house clothes' and after checking FB and emails, went right up to my craft room to work on some challenges.  Then the girls FaceTimed us from Buffalo, and Dan's brother came for the afternoon/evening.  I took a break to make meatballs and sausage balls and home made sauce, which is simmering and the smell is divine!!  Then it was back up to craft room to finish my project.

Today's project is for
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Recycle/Upscale Style , 
Hero Arts Challenge - Flowers,
Allsorts Challenge Week 351 - Birthday Wishes
The Daily Marker - 30 Day Color Challenge Day 21 .

Here is my gift set of card and gift box.....
I recycled/upcycled the box from a Kate Spade mug my daughter had given me as part of my Christmas gift.  Here is what it looked like before I altered it....
















I really loved the box, and was going to save it.  But when I saw the Simon Says recycle challenge, I decided to sacrifice it.  I wanted to use all the colors in the box, including the yummy orange on the inside, and the gold on the lettering, and, of course, the in-your-face awesome pink in my altering components. 

I thought I would use flowers of some sort, so looked through my dies and stamps, and Voila!  I saw my Hero Arts stamp and die set E 657776.  I love this set, and have certainly gotten my money's worth of use from it.  It fit the bill perfectly, and I also could use it for the Hero Arts challenge.

The background on the card was stamped with Hero Arts CL106 Clear Design Fantastic Flourishes with Versamark ink. 

I stamped a bunch of the flowers in picked raspberry and ripe persimmon distress inks, and used the dies to cut them out.  I spread them out on my table, and used my low temp glue gun to attach them to the box.  I brought in the gold with some thin gold cording.  Sequins and beads finished off the sides and front, and I had just enough of that scrumptious orange satin ribbon, which I fashioned into a bow and secured to the top of the box with the glue gun.  I left the box top free so I could put a birthday gift inside.  

Corner view - sides and back not as embellished
Close-up of box



Close-up of card















Dinner is finished....it was YUMMY!!!  I finally have my blog post done, now downstairs for some time with my favorite brother-in-law and hubby.  All in all, it was a perfect Sunday.

Bless you,
     lynda

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards, I love how they perfectly match the gift box. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty gift set Lynda, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful upcycling! Love your project....colors are awesome!
    Thanks for joining the Hero Arts Fabulous Flowers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!