Friday, April 17, 2015

Felt With The Heart

Just popping in today with a quick card for a couple of blog challenges.  I love this butterfly die from Simon Says Stamp!  This phrase from Impression Obsession just goes so well with it, so I paired them up on this card.  The stitched edged rectangle die is from My Favorite Things.  I won the dies on a challenge recently, and have been itching to use them!
This card is for these challenges:

I took some liberties with the sketch on Mojo Monday, turning it sideways.  The colors on The Paper Players are as close as I have to the colors they posted.  I'm loving this combination!  I made the background using the watercolor smoosh technique.  Click this link to see Laura Fadora's excellent video on how to do this technique.  I can't stop doing it...love, love it.
Here is a close-up so you can see (not so well in the photo) the glitter pen I used over the stencils.  In real life they are just glittery enough without being overpowering!  Love my glitter pen.

Thanks for stopping by on this rather wet, dreary April day.  Sunshine is in the forecast!  I'm going to get on my Sketchers and go for a walk as soon as I see it!

Blessings,
     lynda

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Lynda! I just got that butterflies die and haven't used it yet so I thank you for the inspiration. It looks wonderful against the colorful grungy background. Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely sentiment indeed Linda and I love your watercolour smooshed background. Thanks for joining in with my colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this smooshing technique and I must admit I've seen it on Laura's blog a couple of times and keep forgetting to try it. Today may well be the day after seeing this beauty! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card! I love how you used the challenge for your watercolor technique. I definitely want to try that! Pretty butterflies with a nice touch of glitter. Thank you for playing along with the Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card Lynda, a gorgeous card with a beautiful background highlighted with super die-cut butterflies!!

    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card. Love your smooshed background. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!