Friday, April 3, 2015

Color Challenge Card Day 30

My last card for the 30 Day Color Challenge at The Daily Marker.  I was distressed last night when I checked the Daily Marker challenge.  The linky was closed, and it was only 10:30 PM!  I didn't get to post my final card for the challenge.  Boo hoo.    And, the winners have all been announced, so be sure to check them out and leave some love.  Sadly, I was not one of them.  Not surprising, as there were literally hundreds of entries, and selection was random drawing.  But it was fun, and I would consider doing it again...after a while.  I need a little reprieve right now.

I am also entering this card in the Casology blog challenge here.   The theme of that challenge is SPRING.  
I find it challenging doing clean and simple cards.  Everything in me screamed to add more embellishments, at least a ribbon.  But I settled on three little pearl embellishments.

For the image (Hero Arts, I think) on the black panel, I stamped in white Colorbox pigment ink, and let it dry.  OK, so I didn't let it dry on its own...I hit it with the heat tool to dry it quickly!  Sometimes creativity just can't wait!  Then I just colored over the white areas with colored pencil.  I love the way this looks on the black..it just pops.

The sentiment is from a phrase set (Hampton) that I just picked up a couple of days ago.  I love the scripts and phrases on this set.

Off to make my sausage breads for Easter, and then off to Good Friday service at church this afternoon.  

I will post my Easter card on my Tangled In The Word blog on Sunday.  I will be celebrating with my family, so will have the post ready to go, and can just hit the 'send' button.  Tangled In The Word is my other blog, where I post my Zentangle art, and blog about God's Word.  I love combining my brain's right side creativity with the Word.  

Blessings,
     lynda

Blessings,
     lynda


1 comment:

  1. I love how the pretty colours pop off the black panel - I will have to give that a try! Well done resisting the ribbon - I think this is perfectly CAS! So glad you joined us at CASology this week, Lynda!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!