Friday, March 27, 2015

Faux Glazed Glass Card

OK, so it's back to the flowers, and the watercolor.  BUT, a new technique.  I fell in love with this faux glazed glass technique that I saw on a video by Sandy Allnock on her blog.  I made this card for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge (Anything Goes), and the 30 Day Color Challenge at The Daily Marker .  The picture does not show how shimmery this background is.  I have some close-ups below.

I used the technique on the background.  I loved it, and hated to cover it up, but it was the perfect backdrop for the flowers (stamps by Altenew).  For the flowers, which are a set from Altenew, I brushed Twinkling H2O's onto cardstock in shades of gold.  When dry, I embossed the flowers and leaves, and cut them out.  

The background is a combination of watercolor and gold Twinkling H2O's. You can see Sandy's technique on her blog here: http://sandyallnock.com/faux-glazed-glass-background-technique/ .

Here are a couple of close-ups of the background and flowers...


They don't really do it justice, but you can get an idea of the marbled look and catch some of the gold highlights.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  

Blessings,
     lynda

3 comments:

  1. Love this card, I never thought of using my Twinkling H2O's this way, even have this stamp. Love the look, just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Such a great technique! So pretty!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!