Sunday, May 4, 2014

Hero Arts Soft and Pretty

This card will wrap up my Throwback Stamping Technique series this weekend.  It has been fun playing around with techniques we learned years ago.  Today, I used one of Hero Arts shadow stamps.  I will never let go of these stamps, as I love the effect of the soft shadow to anchor your image
I made my card base from white linen textured card stock.  I used the Tim Holtz blending tool to create a graduated pink to white background.
 I inked the E2054 with Marvy bubble gum pink and stamped off once, then stamped the shadow on linen texture card stock.  I pressed harder on the edges so that they would be more prominent.  Love that dark edge!
Next, I stamped the poppy stamp (sorry, mine is off the wood, so I do not know the stamp number) onto the shadow block I had just stamped, and also on some scrap linen card stock three times  I used some of the ink and a Dove blender to lightly color the poppies on the scrap piece.  Then cut them out and popped them up on the card with foam tape.  Finally, I stamped the phrase C3029.
 
I am entering this card in The Hero Arts Sketch Challenge here http://heroarts.com/blogs/club/2014/04/10/new-sketch-challenge/
I hope you had an opportunity to stamp some this weekend.
Blessings,
lynda





2 comments:

  1. Lynda I love your flower..it has a soft color and great arrangement of the flowers..and see all the pink on this card..Gorgeous card...I am joining also Hero Arts challenge with the sketch number 3 maybe you would like to see it on my blog? Would be glad if you could leave me some love too..hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!