Sunday, August 12, 2012

Birthday Card - Butterflies

Flight of the Butterfly and Butterfly Prints Stampin Up Stamp Sets

I love the Flight of the Butterfly stamp set from Stampin Up, and the butterfly punch that coordinates with it.  I just got the set, and am having fun with it.  Here is the first card I made with it.  Stay tuned for many more....did I say I love this set?!

The card is white with a green panel which I embossed with a Provo Craft dotted embossing folder.  I used another Provo Craft embossing folder for the happy birthday, and a Recollections punch for the punched border along the happy birthday panel.

The butterflies were stamped with jungle green Marvy Matchable ink using a stamp from the aforementioned set, then punched out with the coordinating punch.  The butterfly trail verse, 'hope your day is as happy as happy gets!' was stamped as an afterthought right over the embossed card stock panel!  I used white enamel accents for the butterfly body dots.
Here's a close-up of some of the details (click on the pictures to see larger):


I hope you are enjoying your summer, and staying cool.  I've been challenging myself to create CAS cards this summer, mostly for my stamping ministry at church.  CAS is Clean and Simple, which, for me, is not easy.  But I'm getting the hang of it, and actually am enjoying it.  Of course, every now and then I simply MUST create one of my trademark "glitzed-up, layered, glammed" cards, just for artistic release!

Whatever your style, enjoy creating!

Blessings,

lynda

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud to you!!! Not only is this a great card but it's simple!!! AND I have that set, :)
    Now I just need to borrow the punch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda, this is so pretty! I can see why you love that set! Good luck with your venture into clean and simple stamping...there are several good challenge blogs out there for just that topic if you are interested (e.g., CASology, CAS-ual Fridays). Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!