Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Technique Tuesday - Halloween Cards With Mesh

I was rifling through my stash, and found some pieces of mesh fiber "paper" that I just had to play with.  This isn't really paper, per say, but fibers that are woven together to create a piece of woven material that makes terrific backgrounds or accents for cards and/or scrapbook pages.

I was thinking halloween (already, right?  I know), and here's what I came up with:





I decided to keep the cards similar by using the same papers and colors.  The first card uses some black mesh material.  I used orange ink on the happy halloween, and tapped some black ink here and there.  A simple tag die cut, with some eyelets (remember those?) and checked ribbon complete the look.

On the second card, I chose white mesh.  The tag was hand cut, and the bats were from a punch.  I added some pen stitch lines on the white panel across the front of the card.

So, that's it for today.  Keeping it simple with two easy, clean halloween cards.

Blessings,

lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!