Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Technique Tuesday - Fall Still Life Canvasette

I was poking around in Michael's Craft store a while ago, and came across this pad of card stock weight paper with the texture of canvas.  It's called Canvasette, and looks and feels much like canvas that oil painters use.  I thought I would give it a try.  Here's my card:
I was really pleased with the look, and thought it looked rather like an oil painting.  If you click on the picture of the card, it will enlarge it, and you can see the canvas-like texture a little better.  In person, it really makes you wonder if it is, indeed, an oil or acrylic painting!
I started by stamping my image with permanent ink - I used Ranger's Sepia archival ink.  I chose the sepia, so that the outlines would be less noticeable than if I stamped with the standard black outline.  I felt this sepia gave the image a more oil-painted look.   
I then just started 'coloring' with Tombow water-based markers, blending and shading as I colored.  That's it!!!  It's that easy.  The paper does all the work.  I added some sponging to give it an aged look and soften it a little.

The stamp is one of my old favorites from Art Impressions.

Next time you're in Michael's, stop in the art department and pick up a pad of this canvasette and try it out.  You'll be amazed at how easy it is to create this look.

Blessings,

lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!