Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Technique Tuesday - Tiny Treat Boxes

I found the most adorable little treat boxes over on Splitcoaststampers, and thought I'd share the tutorial with you.  With Easter coming, they would make cute little gifts, place holders, or decorations.  These hold three to four peppermint patties (covered with card stock emblems, of course).  You could also just put some Easter grass in them, and add some jelly beans and foil eggs, or a Cadbury cream egg (make mine caramel).
Here are a couple of baskets I made for Easter.  I am making one for each person at the table for Easter dinner, and will use them as place settings (which they get to keep, of course).  I will attach their name with a special medallion on one side of the box.

The pink floral one can be used for any occasion, and would make a terrific "just because" or "thinking of you" little gift.  This is from one angle, and the next shot shows it from the side.
In the tutorial, Cambria uses a Stampin Up slot punch. I do not have one, so improvised.  On this basket, I attached the handle (made from card stock) with strong glue dots, then added a bow.  I used a decorative punch along the top of the sides, then inked the edge so it shows up better.  I also punched the edges of the handle. 
On the Easter basket, I stapled ribbon to the sides to hold on the ribbon handle, then added bows.


The covered candies:
j
These are really easy, quick, and fun to make.  Imagine all the possibilities....Easter, of course, Christmas, baby/bridal shower favors, halloween, birthday party favors, and so much more!  
I know you're going to want to make several, especially when you see this tutorial, and how easy they are!  Here's the link to the tutorial on Splitcoaststampers:  Tiny treat basket by Cambria Turnbow .
Be sure to let me know if you make some, and send me pictures! I'd love to see what you come up with. 
Now that spring is definitely in the air here in upstate New York, I'm hoping it stays nice.  Enjoy these pleasant spring days!
Blessings,
lynda

1 comment:

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!