Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Technique Tuesday - Faux Embossing

I was wandering around over on Splitcoaststampers, and came across this video by Beate Johns.  This technique is so easy, and yields a look that looks like embossing.  We won't be using any embossing powder, however, to make these cards.  All you need is some white ink (I used white ColorBox pigment ink), a stamp positioner, and some dye ink, and a stamp!
Here is a link to Beate's video http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/3dstamping/ .
The first part of this link shows a step-by-step in pictures, then if you scroll down, you will see the video capsule.  You're going to love this!
Here are a couple of cards I made with this 3-D embossing technique:
I made this thank you card for a the  Card Patterns Sketch 107 Challenge HERE .  This is the sketch:
Close-Up of 3-D embossed look

Close-up of embossed look


Hope you enjoyed this technique, and will give it a try.  It is fun, and only requires a few materials.

I promised another scrapbook layout, so here is one I did at the crop (click images to see closer):
Double page layout Kennedy's Christening


That's it for tonight.  Bedtime for me!!  Hope you're enjoying this first week of spring!

Blessings,
lynda
 






5 comments:

  1. Such pretty cards...I'll have to check out that tut! Great layout too! thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty! Love the embossed details! Thanks you for joining us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous work! I love all the texture here. Glad you could play along with us this week on Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great technique - thank you for sharing. What fun layouts... wonderful photos and artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a fun technique - Faux Embossing! Must give it a try, I do like embossing but I hate that the powder gets everywhere afterward!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!