Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fall Inspiration




I made this fall card with Impression-Obsession's clear fall set, and Marvy Matchables inks.  I love the variety of stamps in this set.  The FALL LEAVES verse which waves along the center is actually a straight clear stamp.  When I attached it to the mount, I "waved" it by manipulating it so that it curves up and down. That's one of the things I love about the clear stamps.  They can be manipulated and changed to fit almost any need.

I love fall!!  It's my favorite time of year.  The air is crisp, the harvest is rich, and the color in nature is a feast for the eyes.  Apples are at their juiciest and tastiest, and pie season is just around the corner!  What's not to like?

As I sipped my coffee this morning, I was thinking about the changes my life has taken through the years. Some of them were joyful events, some sad, some lesson-bearing, and some necessary. But each change brought about opportunities for growth.

I thought about how much we are like the trees beginning to turn colors. Most of us dislike change. Change in our lives forces us to look at things differently, to try things we may not want to do. It makes us uncomfortable. It makes us stretch. If only we realized that often change brings about something even more beautiful in our lives, as the colors changing in the fall leaves. Change makes us grow, and strengthens us.

The long, lazy days of summer are behind us. Autumn is unmistakably here, in all her beauty, waiting to be appreciated. Don't let it slip by.  Winter will follow, with now and cold, and even some joys of it's own (ok, so maybe joys is a little stretch). But why worry about that now.  Today has it's own splendor waiting to be savored.  I hope you'll take some time to enjoy this season.  Take a walk, plant some bulbs for spring color, watch the leaves fall, paint a pumpkin, make pumpkin seeds, press some leaves, feed the squirrels, wash all your windows (just wanted to see if your were paying attention), try a new craft or sport, spend time with a child, contact an old friend, start a new project, hug someone.

Who knows, you may just find yourself enjoying the cooler weather, and even looking forward to winter!

Joy,

lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!