Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Winter Wonderland Technique Junkies Style

Hello Junkies fans!  I have a couple of cards today....
I couldn't help but sing 'Walking in a winter wonderland' when I was making these cards!  The scene reminds me of the snowy fields behind the house I grew up in, out in the country.  It was a chore just to walk a few steps in the kind of snow we used to get.

To create my scene, I used a piece of watercolor paper and my Distress ink minis.  I inked up my first tree from the Christmas Trees set of 6, then misted it lightly by holding it over my aromatherapy misting diffuser.  I keep this diffuser on my desk while I work for it's calming, soothing effects.  I thought, hmmmm, that's a pretty good dose of mist coming from that thing....it beats huffing on the stamp.  So I tried it, and it worked!!  Just the right amount of moisture for a good image. 
Holding my inked stamp over the mist from my aromatherapy oil diffuser
I then stamped it onto the watercolor paper,  using a water brush to manipulate and obscure the ink, to give it a watercolor look.  I let it dry a bit, then inked and repeated again, over the initial image.  

Now, you may notice that my trees are a little taller than the stamps.  I made them look that way by 'walking' the stamp downward as I stamped it, keeping pressure on the base of the stamp.  This created the impression of taller trees!  I used the wet brush again, and continued in this fashion until I achieved the look I wanted.  Repeated for the rest of the trees.

When dry, I punched a circle from a paper scrap, and used it as a template to ink my moon, using ColorBox silver pigment ink, and a sponge finger dauber.  I spread the silver around a bit, to give the feeling of moonglow over the trees.

Some quick watercolor strokes for hills, and some spatters for snow (I used white acrylic paint, then some white India ink).  I added some tiny stars from my stash, and a pretty silver ribbon.  Layered it onto silver paper, then onto a white card base.  I gave it a quick spritz of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist to give it a shimmery glimmer, which is so pretty in real life!
Closer view of moon in the trees
Stamps:  Technique Junkies Christmas Trees set of 6
               Technique Junkies Gifts of Christmas set of 5

I used the same stamps on this second card....
I kept this one a little simpler.  Same technique.  For the snow banks, I tore the paper and layered it on the bottom.

Stop by the Technique Junkies Stamps store.   There are some fabulous stamps there.  If you find some holiday stamps, or any, that you just have to have, please use my discount code (TJ10Lynda) and get 10% off your order!
I am adding my card to:
Make My Monday Challenge - Happy Christmas!
Mod Squad Challenge - What a Flake!
Splitcoaststampers Ways To Use It Challenge - Try A Tutorial

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you found some inspiration here!

Blessings,

lynda
 

 

4 comments:

  1. WOWZA!! What a beautiful technique Lynda!!

    I'm gonna share your post here with my FB group, Barefoot Journaling Chronicles!! Will also be trying this one out. Love the misty effects you got on the trees...can hardly wait to try it myself. Just got a Christmas tree stamp at Joann's the other day...Perfect timing!!

    Thank you for sharing...come join my group if you'd like! And any reading this...would love to have you all. We do EVERYTHING!!

    Blessings,

    ~Evon Austin (Robinson)
    Barefoot Journaling Chronicles (FB closed group)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the atmospheric look of your creation!

    thank you so much for playing along with us at make my Monday!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! I love the look you have achieved here, and using the diffuser is GENIUS!!! Great take on the snowflake challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at The Mod Squad!
    Judy~ Mod Squad DT and Challenge Host
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!