Monday, September 18, 2017

Music Note Card

I have a clean and simple card for today for a couple of challenges.  
Stamp - Cas-ual Fridays verse from the set 'Big treble'
Dies - Cas-ual Fridays coordinating treble clef die to above set, and Our Daily Bread double stitched rectangle
Inks - Tim Holtz distress oxide, India Ink Black
Other - Studio Katia clear drops

I created the background with distress oxide inks in abandoned coral and worn lipstick, with an ink blending tool, blending out the colors into each other.  Then I dropped some water droplets on it from my hand, and used a paper towel to pick up the water and create those white areas.

I stamped the verse with black and let it dry.  I cut the treble clef in black and coral, and layered them onto the card, offsetting the coral a bit so the black shows under it.  Some clear drops finish off the card.

Challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge  - Clean and simple

Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge - Anything goes with dies


Cas-ual Fridays Challenge - Case a Girl Friday - I 'cased' Channin Pelletier's card 

Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings,

lynda

3 comments:

  1. Great CASE and I love the effect you have achieved with the layered die cut. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luv this, the background is awesoem and I adore the sentiment! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color you achieved. It is so warm Beautiful card
    thanks for joining us at HLS.

    Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!