Wednesday, September 13, 2017

First Fall Card Of The Season

It's official....I saw two flocks of geese leaving today.  Fall is definitely on the horizon.  And my fall stamps are making their way to my desk, waiting to be inked.  I couldn't resist, so here is my first of the season.....
I do love the rich, jewel tones of autumn, especially in the leaves.  
Stamps used:  Impression-Obsession Fancy Leaves CC224 Cover A Card cling background leaf stamp.  The verse is also Impression-Obsession.  I do not know the name or number, as it is one of their older stamps, and I had detached it from the wood and neglected to write the info.  Sorry.

Technique:  I inked the leaf stamp with Tim Holtz distress oxide inks, then spritzed the stamp so that it was wet, but not extremely runny.  I placed a piece of linen card stock onto the stamp, and held it there a few seconds before lifting it.  I lifted it off, then spritzed the card with water to get the inks blurring a bit more. I dried the piece, then when it was dry, I very lightly rubbed a damp baby wipe over the surface.  This brightened the color somewhat, and also spread some of it into the background, creating a creamy, soft background for the leaves.

I stamped the verse using my Misti, so that I could stamp it a few times to get it dark enough.  I spritzed Tattered Angels pearl glimmer mist over the entire panel.  In real life, this gave the piece a beautiful shimmery finish.  Here is a close up, but still doesn't do it justice in the photo...
 I adhered the panel to an A2 card base, added some spatters with a Krylon gold leafing pen, cut a thin strip for along the left edge (I ran the gold leafing pen along the strip before adhering, to carry over the gold from the spatters).

Challenges:

Impression-Obsession Challenge - Harvest hellos (fall or halloween)

Little Red Wagon Challenge  - Distress it (I used distress inks)

Word Art Wednesday Challenge - Verse

The Daily Marker 30 Day Challenge 

I hope you are having a great week.  Thanks so much for visiting. 

Blessings,

lynda

1 comment:

  1. So perfect for fall! I especially like the sparkle. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!