Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Inpsirational Scripture Card

I love this scripture verse from Romans 8:28.  It's the perfect inspiration to send to a friend or loved one who needs a little encouragement.
For the verse, I used a stamp from Our Daily Bread Designs from their Scripture Collection 1 set.  I embossed it onto some vellum and attached it to the background.  

I created the background with the Anna Griffin Poppy embossing folder by Cuttlebug.  It's one of my favorites.  I inked the folder with Tim Holtz distress inks in pinks, oranges, and yellows/greens, then spritzed it ever so lightly, and pressed it together onto watercolor paper.  I have to admit, I did a little happy dance when I opened the folder!

I decided that the background really needed to show, so I chose to do the verse on vellum.  I refreined from embellishing any further, as the background is quite busy, and I didn't want to take away from it or the verse.  

I am adding my card to these challenges:

Word Art Wednesday  - Use scripture verse

The Flower Challenge - Background

Simon Says Stamp Work-It-Wednesday - What you're working on

Sunday Stamps Challenge  - Use colors
Thanks so much for stopping by.

Blessings,

lynda
 

5 comments:

  1. Your flowers are just beautiful! I love the colors and your velum overlay is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the background you created. It's so soft and elegant. Perfect for this sentiment, and perfect for a special someone. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card - Lea
    www.cardsbybrawny.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea of embossing the verse on vellum to let the background peek through. It allows the background to shine without taking away from the words. Thank for joining Sunday Stamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The background is so pretty in pink, yellow and orange combination! It looks like you have used a beautiful background stamp! so creative to make a background using floral embossing folder! Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!