Friday, April 21, 2017

Relaxing With Zentangle

Nothing relaxes me more than playing in my art room.  I used to refer to it as my craft room, but so much more than crafting goes on in that tiny little space of my very own!  Today, this happened.....
As many of you may know, I love, love, love Zentangle.  Creating these little tiles brings me such peace and tranquility.  It calms me, and helps me detach from the stresses of life.  It is a respite that I can go to any time, almost anywhere, with very few supplies.  Just some paper, a Micron pen or two, a pencil, and that is it!  
To learn more about Zentangle, visit www.zentangle.com.

For my tangle today I used the patterns Bowtye by Jo Flaherty, and Tipple, which is an original Zentangle pattern.  I added some shading, and with my pencil, lightly added some Printemps, and something in the corner...not sure what to call it...just a take-off on something I had seen.  I penciled these designs, then used my shading stump to fade them a little, so they didn't compete with the tangle.

I wasn't sure I was going to like Bowtye, but I think it's a keeper now that I have played with it and added some touches to make it my own.  It will definitely be going into my go-to pattern list.

Some people on the Facebook Zentangle groups had been discussing storage options for supplies.  I thought I would share what I came up with.....
 
I had been on the search for the perfect little container for my tangle supplies.  It needed to be smallish, stylish, and portable, yet able to accommodate my various size pens, pencils, papers, and small sketch book and scrap paper.  I finally found just the thing.  I purchased it at Burlington Coat Factory at our mall.  It is actually a make-up bag, but it has just the right size and style of pockets, and the bonus is that it has handles....















The bag is about 12" x 8" and 3" deep.  It has three clear, zipper pockets, one on each side, and a small one between them that flips either way.  It has room for my phone, and a small wallet.  

I keep my pens in the plastic organizer (got it at Walmart...really inexpensive).  It has three sections.  One is perfect for pens and a couple pencils (I like to have several sizes pens and some extras); the other two hold my tiles and scrap papers, some Post-It notes, an eraser, and some blending stumps.  This fits perfectly inside the bag, and then I have everything I need in one convenient, portable place.

I bring my Zentangle 'bag' with me wherever I go. You never know when you will have a few minutes to tangle.  Waiting rooms, in the car (usually while I wait for hubby to come out of one of those big handy man super stores), airports, planes, trains,hotel rooms, at the playground while the grandkids play, to work for lunchtime tangling.  It's an unobtrusive bag, and perfect for grabbing on your way out.

I'm seriously wishing I had bought two, so I would have a back-up in the event it wears out or something.  I admit, I do have a 'thing' for bags, purses, organizers, containers.  Do you?

So, now I'm going back to my 'art' room to do some stamping and play with my inks.  I may even be back later with another post of a card.

Thanks for visiting.  I enjoy your critiques, and thank you for taking the time to comment.

Blessings,

lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!