Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Friends Are Special Treasures

My friends are definitely treasures of my heart.  Each one of them is different, yet each one enhances my life in her/his own unique way.  I am so very grateful for every one of my friends.

I chose to end the 30 day color challenge at The Daily Marker with this card....
 I started with a panel of smooth card stock, not glossy, but it was non-porous, very smooth.  I used an acrylic brayer, and a Kaleidacolor rainbow ink pad to create the background.  First, I spritzed the card stock with a moderate amount of clear water.  I ran the brayer into the ink pad, making sure to get it all covered with ink all the way around, then I ran the brayer onto my card stock panel.  I repeated until I had the coverage I desired.  I also sprayed some Perfect Pearls in gold mixed with water onto the panel, and brayered again.  I love the watery look this technique gives, and in real-life there is a little shimmer from the gold Perfect Pearls.  

While I had the tools out, I went ahead and created a few pieces of this background.  Here are some of them.....


As you can see, the look varies depending on the color of rainbow pad you use.  I did do a couple on regular cardstock...the one on the top left is one of them.  You can see that you get a different look....it doesn't create those awesome streams and streaks.  If you do try this at home, remember, you really must use an acrylic (hard, clear plastic) brayer.....NOT rubber, to achieve this effect.

I trimmed the panel to fit my card.  I used a Penny Black die from the dots & swirls 51-035 die set to cut the swirl going down the right side of the card.  I used my Clarity brushes to brush on some colors from similar colors of my TH distress inks, then attached it to the panel.  

Next, I die cut three daisies from the Penny Black die bashful 51-008, colored them with my Clarity brushes and distress inks, and attached them to the card.

The verse is also, you guessed it, Penny Black.  Friends are special treasures of the heart 3629E.  I stamped it onto  white scrap card stock, and cut it with the Spellbinder's die from the S4-322 labels Shapeabilities set, and brushed some ink on it.  I attached a 'nest' of metallic thread to the card, and then used foam tape to place the label over it.  I used pieces of the same thread to loop through the holes in the labels, and wrap around the back of the card.  I attached the finished panel to a card, and called it finished.

I had fun creating this card today.  These are some of my favorite colors, and I love, love, love playing with inks and different mediums and getting messy!  And Penny Black has always been right on top of my favorites for stamp companies. Their images are timeless, the quality is good, and the variety is great.  My favorites are the brush stroke flowers and designs.

Besides the last day of the 30 day color challenge, I am adding my card to these challenges.....

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Fabulous Florals

Penny Black at Allsorts - Anything Goes - with a stamp

Thank you for stopping by today.  Since it is the last day of the 30 day coloring challenge, I will not be posting daily.  But I will frequently.  I am aiming for three times a week.  I hope to see you back here soon!

Blessings,

lynda

2 comments:

  1. this is so pretty! i love how you created the back ground and the colours you've chosen. thank you so much for sharing another of your lovely creations with us at penny black and more. unfortunately, our challenge rules are that the focal point must be stamped so it won't be eligible for the prize draw like your other cards.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. super fun backgrounds, fabulous work! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!