Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Stand Tall And Be Strong

I am loving this new stamp I got at a stamp convention in Syracuse NY a couple of weeks ago, and had to use it.....
The stamp is by Technique Junkies (SD601 Stand Tall).   

I used a stencil from The Crafter's Workshop (TCW461s Mini Rosetta), and my Clarity brushes to softly brush distress inks in crushed olive, wild honey, and wilted violet onto white card stock.  I love, love, love the Clarity brushes....they are so soft, and are wonderfully tapered, so you can get the softest, almost air-brushed looking results.  Or, you can apply more ink, and get a darker look.  And they don't tear and push at the stencil.  Love 'em!

Making sure the stenciled background was dry, I embossed the stamp with black in the bottom right corner.  Then I added some black spatters, and a black strip of paper along the left edge to balance the composition. 

Finally, I cut a piece of white seam binding, and 'dyed' it by rubbing the distress colors onto my craft mat, spritzing with water, and dabbing the ribbon into the colors.  I scrunched it up, and dried it with my heat tool, very carefully.  Then I ran my tape runner along the edge where the black strip met the background, and stuck the ribbon to it, sort of pushing it here and there to create a sort of ruffled look.

That's it!  Easy-peasy.  And so fun.

I am adding my card to these challenges:
Allsorts Challenge Blog - Use bows or ribbons
Virginia's View Challenge - All About Colors

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I will be back tomorrow with a watercolored card.

Blessings,
lynda

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colours! Thank you for sharing it with Allsorts and good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How "delicious" is that background! Love this, Lynda! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All about Colors” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!