Friday, June 17, 2016

Impression-Obsession and Watercolor Lifting



Ah, what a glorious late spring day!  The sun is shining, and it's not too humid, but comfortably warm with a slight breeze.  The hummingbirds and our oriole visitor have been busy around our feeders all morning.  They're so fun to watch.

So, with birds on my mind, I created today's card using Impression-Obsession 's birdhouse die (DIE156-H), and their stamps.  On the colorful background I used one of their awesome cover a card background stamps (CC224 Fancy Leaves).  The sentiment is from the square frames set (WP128).

I totally cased this card from Jennifer McGuire's post HERE.  Click on the link (the highlighted word 'here') to learn the watercolor lifting technique that I used on the rainbow panel behind the bird houses.  Jennifer is an excellent teacher, and the instructions are clear, concise, and easy to follow.  It's a really fun technique, and I know I will be using it to make lots more backgrounds.  I made my card different from hers, but used her general idea and technique.  

I decided to go with rainbow colors, in support of the victims of the Orlando tragedy.  My prayers and condolences go out to their families.

I am adding my card to these challenges:
Impression-Obsession Challenge - Summertime
Virginia's View Challenge - All About Colors
Tuesday Throwdown Challenge - Watercolor

I hope you're having lovely weather where you are, and that you can get out and enjoy it.  Thanks so much for visiting my blog.  Be sure to check out the inspiring cards entered in these challenge blogs, and visit Jennifer's blog to see how easy this watercolor lifting technique is.

Blessings,
lynda

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful CASing of Jennifer's card! I love the rainbow interpretation of yours! Simply awesome, Lynda! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All about Colors” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Have to try the watercolor lifting technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, I'm going to have to give that technique a try. Thanks for joining in the Tuesday Throwdown challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely project, I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Tuesday Throwdown DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer would be proud of you: this is a fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynda, I love birdhouse cards and you created such a creative one. I love the strip of colorful foliage. It pops so perfectly against the white card base.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colours and card design.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!