Thursday, June 16, 2016

Enjoy The Ride

Hello!  I am stamping and working on a couple of cards for the blog, but today has been so nice, I've just been enjoying the weather.  I do, however, have a card to post today.  I made it a couple of weeks ago.  
 

 The stamp is from Technique Junkies, #SD605 Like a Roller Coaster.  I fell in love with it, and it came home with me from a rubber stamp show recently.

I created the background with the watercolor smoosh technique, using Ranger Tim Holtz distress inks.  When the panel was completely dry, I stamp and embossed the roller coaster in black embossing.  I used a Spellbinders die to cut the panel.  I liked the look of the scalloped edges with the curves of the roller coaster.  

I embossed the thinking of you on a scrap piece of black, used a punch to cut it, and adhered it to a blue scrap, then attached it to the card.  

The card base is watercolor paper, with a matching blue panel along the left side.  I adhered the roller coaster panel to black card stock, rounded the corners, then onto watercolor paper, rounded the corners, then onto the card with foam for dimension, and, you guessed it, rounded the corners.

The final touch was to use my Spectrum Noir clear sparkle brush along the roller coaster.  You can't tell from the picture, but it is really shimmery and kind of jumps right off the card!
Love my sparkle brush!

That's it for today.  I am going to make dinner now, and after dinner I will head up to my craft room and work on these two cards I have going.

Thanks so much for stopping in today.  Hope to see you back soon.  

Blessings,

lynda  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!