Saturday, April 16, 2016

Simple But Elegant Thank You Card

I'm a sucker for those dollar bins in the big box stores, and the section in Target in front where things are just a couple of dollars.  I always find something I can use.  I got some packages of cards at Michael's a few days ago, and have been itching to use them.  Of course, their dollar section is not $1.50.  But these were still a bargain, I think.
This is a package of eight thank you cards with envelopes.  What I like is the simplicity, and also the paper...it's very similar to watercolor paper.  
Sooo... I decided to sacrifice one to experimentation today.  I needed a special thank you card for a friend.  While I like these as they are, people expect that they are going to get a hand made card from me.  You know how that goes, I'm sure!  So I pulled out some of my Tim Holtz distress mini pads, rubbed them on a stamp block, and spritzed.  I wasn't sure how the paper on the card would take the ink, so I held my breath, and placed the block onto the card and waited a few seconds.  Voila!  Incredible watercolor....vivid and blended just right.



I added some spatters and really liked it.  (I took two photos to try to capture the shine of the gold letters and embellishments).
It seemed to need some more touches of that awesome gold, so I used my Cropodile to punch out some little circles from gold wrapping paper....and added a strip of the wrapping paper along the bottom.  I used my soft mat and embossing tool to round the gold small circles before gluing them to the card.

That's it today.  Easy-peasy thank you card.  I'm going to play with other color combos now, and have them on hand for when I need another thank you note.  Sometimes I like to just drop one off to one of the staff people at our church, with a small note of appreciation for their hard work.... along with a nice package of chocolates.  A couple of our parishioners did that for me when I was our church secretary, and I really appreciated it.  Paying it forward now that I'm retired....somewhat.

Thanks for stopping in today.  Have a great weekend...enjoy the sunshine!

Blessings,

lynda

  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!