Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Distress Ink With Stencil

Today was a busy day.  I had my prayer shawl group in the morning, then lunch with a friend to celebrate my birthday this afternoon.  I made scalloped potatoes and ham when I got home. 

Then it was up to my craft room where I created this card....

This was created with a home decor stencil I found at one of the big box stores.....I don't remember which, it was a while ago.  I am always on the lookout for stencils that would make interesting or pretty cards.  I love flowers, and leaves, and bought this stencil.  It is quite long, probably at least 18 inches long.  I used only a small portion of the stencil.  

I actually made another panel using the stencil in the normal way (inking through the openings of the stencil) first.  I used Tim Holtz distress inks.  

I then put that aside, and while the stencil still had the ink on it, I grabbed another piece of watercolor paper, spritzed the stencil to activate the ink, and pressed the stencil, ink side down, onto the watercolor paper.  And Viola!, this panel was created!  The image became the negative, and the stencil itself is the positive.

I like the way the water pooled in the center, and the kind of dried look as it moved out.  So I grabbed some card stock, stamped Wishing you joy from Jillibean Soup stamp set jb0198, added a sequin, and called it finished.  Clean and simple.  Not usually my style, but I was playing and having fun.

We are supposed to have another glorious day tomorrow....70 degrees!  Unheard of in March in upstate New York!  Looking forward to it....and to seeing my granddaughter in her first musical production.  Gooooooo Keeley!   

Blessings,

lynda  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!