Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Sending Love Card - Spring Leaves

It has been raining all day today, and the snow is melting.  Hooray!  I am thinking green, green, green.  I want to see leaves.  So I pulled out a couple of my favorite Hero Arts leaves for today's card....
I sponged Adirondack inks in lettuce and latte onto a textured card stock.  I wish I could remember where I had gotten the card stock, because I really like the way it looks and the way it takes ink.  I think I got it at either Michaels or Joanne Fabrics a while back.  The package says premium cardstock - canvas texture - pure white.  It contained 40 sheets.  The back says Nicole.

So...back to the card.  I stamped a script background (I believe that is also Hero Arts - I removed it from the wood block and neglected to write who it is) and some small leaves over the sponged background.  Then I taped the panel to my art board...aka cutting board... and sponged the same inks onto the panel, then stamped the leaves and background script stamp.  I love the white border created by the tape when I remove it.  I stamped a couple of extra leaves onto the same card stock, and fussy cut them, and also the verse Sending Love (by Penny Black).  

A fiber strip along the bottom, and some pearls and I called it finished.  

This is for The Daily Marker 30 day challenge day 24 , and also for Simon Says Stamp blog challenge - Inspired by a Song.  I was inspired the the song The Last Leaf by The Cascades.

Thanks for stopping by today.  

Blessings,

lynda

3 comments:

  1. Love all your dimension and texture. Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Autumn card. I love the stamp you used and the shades of green. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Simon Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!