Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Direct-To-Paper Re-Visited

I am reaching way, way back to a technique that I loved using on cards and projects years ago.  Direct-to-paper is exactly what it's name conveys.  The technique involves taking an ink pad and applying it directly to the card stock by rubbing it on directly from the pad.  Here are a couple of my cards, followed by directions on how I did them.
Both of these cards were made with the same technique.  Here are the steps....
  • Start with a piece of card stock slightly larger than your finished project  On the first card, my card stock was Kraft color, and the second was green.
  • I used ColorBox pigment ink pads (Icat's eye shaped pads).  Choose three or four colors.  On the first card I uses two greens, two Browns, and a rust color. I used greens and Browns on second card.
  • Rub your first color directly onto the cardstock (hence the name direct to paper).  Add the color intermittently on the card stock, not filling it all in.  Leave some open areas.
  • Rub your second color in some of the open areas, then your third/fourth colors in any open areas.
  • To soften and blend the colors, rub with a tissue after your colors are applied.  
  • If it is still too rigid, I rub one of the lighter colors lightly over the entire panel, then rub it out with tissue.  This will soften the piece.
  • On these cards, I stamped images with black die ink right onto the background.  Then I highlighted areas of the images with white colored pencil.  I use Berol Prismacolor pencils, as they have a nice soft lead.  Just add white along some edges and areas you want to highlight.  Finally, I stamped some elements with gold ColorBox ink.
I am submitting the first card to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes .

Thanks for stopping by.  
Blessings,
lynda


1 comment:

  1. hi Lynda! these are both amazing, I adore the backgrounds...wow, an amazing job! so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!