Monday, February 2, 2015

Zentangle Inspired Art - Heart Journal Page

It's February....and hearts are everywhere!  Valentine's Day is around the corner, and heart cards, crafts, poems, candies, baking....are on everyone's blog.  I'm jumping in on the heart frenzy with today's Art Journal page.

It is not officially a Zentangle, as not all the objects are "tangles."  It is called Zentangle Inspired Art, or ZIA.  It was fun playing in my journal with hearts and flowers.   I drew inspiration from a book by Stasi Eldredge entitled Becoming Myself...Embracing God's Dream of You.  I have been reading this book with a group of ladies who meet each week to discuss the chapters, pray, praise, and share our experiences.  The quote was written by Madeleine L'Engle.  It is in a chapter on facing our fears and becoming free of them, through God's love.  I am learning a lot about myself, and about God's unconditional love through this study.  I highly encourage you to read Staci's book.  I'm not quite half way through, and am finding myself jumping ahead!

I am trying something new with my art journal.  I find it difficult to work in a large, bulky book.  Maneuvering around the binding is cumbersome.  As I work, I like to turn my page to work at different angles, and the notebook type journal made this really difficult.  My solution.... I work on individual sheets of mixed media card stock.  I will file my finished work in manilla folders and will bind them when I have several accumulated.  I think I will like this, as I can put like pieces together.  My ZIA's in one book, Zentangles in another, watercolor in another, mixed media in another; you get the idea.

Enjoy your week....and do something creative today!

Blessings,

lynda


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!