Sunday, June 22, 2014

Distress Markers and Zentangle

Our card ministry group met yesterday.  I wanted to travel lightly and not have to pack half of my craft room, so I brought my Micron pens and journal to work on some Zendoodles.  

For this page I started with a template a friend had made from a Spellbinders die and I traced the butterflies, overlapping  the bottom two.  During the crop, I tangled the insides of the butterflies with patterns.  I added the Einstein quote this morning.  I am not thrilled wih my writing, but am working on lettering techniques, so thought I would just dive right in.  This is the first page of my new journal.  I haven't decided if it's going to be a zentangle journal or a lettering journal.  Maybe it will be both!
I decided to add some color, so pulled out my Tim Holtz distress markers and a water brush.  Since the Micron pen is permanent ink, I just started adding color with my markers and used my water brush to blend.  Here is the finished version:
Have you tried Zentangles?  This is an easy way to get started.  Just trace a template shape, or stamp an open image, and tangle (doodling with patterns) inside the image area.  For more information and ideas about Zentangle, go to www.zentangle.com.

Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings,
lynda




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!