Friday, May 2, 2014

Direct to Paper Inking

I have had a renewed interest in my Colorbox pigment inks lately.  I love the blending of colors using the direct to paper technique that we learned years ago.  I still use it quite often.  Today I played with some blues and greens.  I tried it on linen texture card stock.  Here is my card...

As the name of the technique says, I just applied the ink directly to the card stock from my cat's eye shaped pigment ink pads, starting with the lightest to darkest.  I used a spong to soften and blend the colors.  The stamp is a Hero Arts stamp, which I inked with my India Ink black pad.  Since I used pigment inks on the panel, it was still wet enough to take embossing, so I covered the entire panel with clear embossing ink and heated.  Wow...the image jusy popped.  I love this stamp.  
I'm working on some more cards with this technique.  The pieces are finished, just have to assemble.  Stop back to check them out.
Blessings,
lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!