Friday, April 19, 2013

Thinking of you card

I needed a masculine card for a coworker who is in the hospital. This was a bit of a challenge,as I am a 'no frills barred' kind of gal. I love to glam it up. I actually made this card twice....the first version is the same except it the other one has a bow and silkier ribbon, instead of a knot and this interesting ribbed ribbon.  This version is a tad more manly,I think. I had to hold myself back from adding more,but I am happy with it.

For the embossing on the right edge, I used a Cuttlebug narrow embossing template. I sponged some forest moss distress along the design to highlight it. The tree stamp is one of my old favorites from Magenta.

We're off to celebrate hubbie's birthday....but first I have to finish HIS card.

Till next time...blessings,
lynda


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!