Monday, September 12, 2011

Technique Tuesday - Soldier/Flag Card With Distress Inks

I was inspired for this card this past weekend when hubby and I spent an evening down at the beach to see the flags commemorating the brave fire fighters who lost their lives on 9/11.  I remembered the gorgeous stamps I purchased at the recent stamp convention in Rochester.  These stamps are available from Our Daily Bread HERE


 I used ODB stamps with Tim Holtz distress inks - weathered wood, aged mahogany, and brushed corduroy.  I inked the stamps with the inks, then stamped onto ivory card stock.  Going for a distressed look, I sponged the brushed corduroy along the edges, and used my Making Memories distress tool along the edges.
I finished with a Spellbinder's die and distressing, and some twill.  The cause ribbon at the top was created by rubbing my weathered wood stamp pad directly onto the twill (I cut the twill in half lengthwise to make it more narrow).

 
My friend, Arlene, bought one set, and I bought another.  We got together to stamp this weekend, and used each other's goodies and had so much fun.  I created this distressed version, and Arlene created an entirely different looking card with the same stamps! 
Do stop by Arlene's blog to check out her take with these awesome stamps.  You can find Arlene's blog
HERE  at SundayStamperPapercrafts.blogspot.com.

Blessings,

lynda

2 comments:

  1. Wnoderful tribute to 911. Super fantastic effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lynda, This is so beautiful. You are so blessed and talented. May God Bless You always, My friend, Thank you for sharing. Ellen Hinds

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!