Sunday, July 10, 2011

All About "U"

Hi there!  In case if you were here looking for Technique Tuesday for July 5th, look no further.  I just didn't get it done this week.  As you may know, I started a new job two weeks ago, as parish administrative assistant at our church.  I am loving it, but it's extremely stressful right now, while I'm learning everything.  The worst part of any job, I think, is the first few weeks/months, while you are in the learning phase.  There's so much to remember.  I had no idea how involved the job is, but I'm taking it a step at a time.....baby steps.  Just when I think I'm starting to catch on to one thing, something else comes along...you know how that goes.  But anyways, I'm so burned out when I get home, and I go over my notes, make dinner, and am exhausted....I think from stress.  I know it will get better as I learn all the components, it's just that I'm anxious to get to that part!!  lol.  This is the first weekend since I got home from my aunt's in Florida that I have been home and had the weekend to myself, for the most part.  So I finally got some stamping done.

Anyways, I feel badly that I didn't get to my TT, so here's a blast from the past, to hold you over until this coming Tuesday 7/12 (which I actually started today.  This is a class I did a few years ago, and I used the Hero Arts "U" from the large clear letter sets. 
On the first (brown) card, I stamped the 'U' onto the dotted paper, then I cut it out with a craft knife.  On the pink card, I stamped the 'U' on white scrap, stamped thanks randomly on it, then cut it out and mounted it onto the card.  On the blue and green card, I took the negative of the cut out 'U' from the previous card, and used it as a stencil.  I sponged green ink through the handmade stencil, then stamped blue flowers.  When I removed the stencil, I had my 'U.'

It's fun to use large letters on cards.  I'm sure you can come up with lots of ideas....I'd love to see them!

I'll be back on schedule Tuesday with a fun technique for you.  Stop back and check it out.

A few of you have asked about my "kids," so here are a couple of pics of Faith, Dan, Keeley, and Kennedy.....


Blessings,

lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!