Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Technique Tuesday - Lilies of the Valley Card

It's Tuesday already!  I hope you all had a lovely Easter/spring weekend (in spite of the weather).  We went to Buffalo to visit the kids Saturday, and stayed until Sunday afternoon.  We had a delicious ham dinner Saturday night.   The Easter egg hunt commenced early Sunday morning, as we had to be at church at 9 AM!  There was a lot of scrambling with four adults, a child, and a baby to get ready!  We managed to get to church (early even), and enjoyed what I consider the most joyful Easter morning service I have ever attended!
Then we had brunch with Faith, Dan, Keeley, and Kennedy; played some games with Keeley, squeezed and smooched Kennedy to pieces, and finally headed back home to spend the rest of the day with Dan's mom and family.  Phew!  Busy weekend, but very, very enjoyable.  It seems more difficult each time I have to leave Buffalo to come home!  Hate leaving the little ones for two to three weeks at a time.  Now with gasoline prices rising, our weekend trips will have to be spread out a little more.  Thank goodness for Skype and telephones!  At least I can talk to them every day!
Easter Card
Now, on to today's card.  This was my Easter card this year, and I thought I'd share it with you.  I stamped the lilies of the valley with green Vivid ink on watercolor paper.  I tried several methods for coloring, and ended up coloring with pastel pencils for the look I liked best.  To see how to use these pastel pencils, see my blog post HERE. (February 22nd post).
To make the little flower bells white, I simply left them uncolored, and added a little "halo" of orchid color around the outside of each little bell.  That made the little flowers pop and stand out more.  The border around the die cut panel is Liquid Pearls.
In case you missed it last week, my tip for smoothing the tops of the pearl dots (mine always have little peaks on them), simply give the card a little tap or snap with your finger from underneath when you have finished applying all your pearl dots.  This will cause the peak to smooth out, and create pretty little pearl-like accents.
Stamps are by Our Daily Bread.

I am still working on my little project that I mentioned in my previous post.  I hope to be finished by the weekend.  I'm anxious to get it going.  Today was my day off, but much of the time I had planned to spend on it today got taken up with mopping, and mopping, and mopping again and again, the basement floor.  The unceasing rain has caused the basement to leak a little on the floor.  As fast as I could mop it up, more water would appear.  At least it's only small puddles here and there, and not a flood, like so many of our country's other states are enduring.  I'm thankful for that.
I wish you a fantastic week!  May your blessings be many.
lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!