Friday, September 17, 2010

Basic Grey Paper Piecing Challenge

Another quick post before running out the door again.  I'm submitting this to the Basic Grey paper piecing challenge here http://basicgreychallenges.blogspot.com/2010/09/challenge-28-paper-piecing.html .  I am also entering it in the design team call.  It calls for paper piecing on your card, and gives a little information about what that means.  Here's my card for the challenge:
I used all Basic Grey papers, and Hero Arts stamps.  I stamped the holiday script on the bottom layer, the stamped the tree on three different papers, and the poinsettia on two different papers.  I cut out each section, then pieced together the tree, and added the poinsettia.  I distressed the edges before adding to the card.  Martha Stewart punch, and some scrap ribbon I had.  For the ribbon, I simply formed two "loops," by folding a three inch or so piece in half, then secured it to the card with glue dots, then added another.  Finally, I added the ribbon "tails," and gave the a little dimension by scrunching them up a bit with a glue dot.  Place the flowers over it with foam tape, and that's it.

I'm off now to run some errands.  Worked this morning and actually got out early today, now errands, then home to stamp, stamp, stamp, and perhaps scrap!  Can't wait.

Enjoy!

lynda

5 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful - great traditional Xmas card

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card! Im so glad you found us. I like all the things you have made.
    HUGS~
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors in your card and the paper piecing. So pretty! Thanks for joining us at For Fun this week. "Hugs' Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely card, Lynda. Thanks for sharing this with us at For Fun Challenges.
    Amelia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful paper piecing! Absolutely love the colors! Spectacular job! Thanks so much for playing along with us at For Fun Challenges! Hope you’ll be joining us for the next challenge!

    ~Hugs~Kym

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!