Saturday, August 28, 2010

Saturday Stamping



















Just a quick post this morning to show you a couple of cards I made last week, but didn't want to post them until thier recipients received them. Didn't want to ruin it for them. Now that they have the cards in their hot little hands, I can post them.
The one on the left is made with paper from DCWV's Linen Closet Collection, which I am absolutely crazy about.  The border on the bottom was made with a brass stencil in my Cuttlebug (see previous Technique Tuesday post for details).  I used my sewing machine (hey, I have to use it for something, don't I) to stitch the panel to the card, then to stitch around the quilt hexagons.  The card is for a quilting friend, so this paper worked out beautifully!
The card on the right, of course, is a sympathy card.  I love the soft blues and greens for such an occasion.
It's a GLORIOUS day today!  The sun is shining, it's warm, but not too warm, and there's a nice breeze.
Tomorrow we're off to Buffalo to celebrate my daughter, Faith's, arrival to us from Korea back in 1984!!  She continues to bring us much joy, along with her husband, Dan, and their daughter, our granddaughter, Keeley Ryan (and soon-to-be Kennedy Grace)!  We're so proud of all Faith has accomplished, and of the mommy and wife that she is, and the fine young woman she has become. 
Now I'm off to make a very special card to celebrate this very special occasion! 
Blessings and peace to you!

lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!