Thursday, May 6, 2010

The making of a thank you card


I really had fun making this card.
I started with some Hero Arts grass textured paper for the card itself. I cut two panels with the Labels Eight Spellbinder's Nestabilities dies, one from natural textured cardstock, and one from natural plain cardstock. I set aside the larger die (textured), and stamped the Hero Arts Graceful Leaves F4321 stamp in green a couple of times onto the smaller plain natural panel.  Then I embossed it, as well, with gold embossing powder.  This to finish the panel, I stippled light, then dark green ink along the edges and well into the panel, leaving it lighter towards the center.  Finally, I stamped Thank You (Hero Arts D337). I lined the edge with my gold leaf pen, then added three brads along the left side.  I attached the stamped panel to the larger panel with foam tape, wrapped some gold cording around them three times and tied in a knot, and set aside.
I punched the edge of a scrap of gold paper with a Martha Stewart border punch, and layered it near the bottom of the green card.
I attached the prepared panel with foam tape over the card and border.
I made a scrunchy flower (see several week's ago Technique Tuesday post for directions). I used pages from an old book, my blossoms Spellbinder's Nestabilities dies, stippled green ink, then sponged gold Lumiere paint on the edges.  I added a touch of gold ribbon and made a bow with the gold cording and adhered them under the flower on the right bottom of card.  I added a silk blossom, and was finished.

I'm really having fun with making my own flowers lately.

Tomorrow is Friday, and I only have half day of work, then I'm off to Karen's house to play.  I love to get together with other stampers/scrappers.  It's so fun to share techniques and ideas, and bounce ideas off each other.  Soooo, TGIF!    Gotta go figure out what I want to drag along with me for my outing tomorrow!

Goodnight, and sweet blessings to you!

lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!