Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Two challenges - one card






 Do you like challenges?  I LOVE to enter challenges and contests.  I have been having fun making cards and scrapbook pages for different challenges for groups I am in online.  There are many sites that host challenges.  Some are sketch challenges, where you follow a sketch; some are themes, colors, or other requirements.  I love the Card Patterns Sketch challenges, which I found recently, and the Cards Blog challenge, which I also just found.

I made this card for the Card Patterns Sketch 55 here http://cardpatterns.blogspot.com/ .

As I checked for other challenges, I found the Cards Blog challenge here http://northridgemedia.net/blogs/cards/, which was to make a card with a bird or birds.  I used the peacock so I could also use it for that challenge.   I love when a single project can be used for two or more challenges!

The stamp is by The Stamping Bug.  I embossed it in gold, colored with markers and Dove Blending pen.  I put slits in tail with craft knife and inserted colored feathers in the tail, and along the plume on his head.

I really had a lot of fun with this card.  It has my favorite colors, and the peacock stamp is so pretty.

Hope you are enjoying this mild weather and longer days!!! Yay, more time for stamping and scrap booking!!

Blessings and peace,

lynda

2 comments:

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!