Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pop Up-Pull Up Card               
Here's a blast from the past!  I made these cards a couple of years ago, and just found the pictures in my photo gallery.  I gave the giraffe card to Keeley, and she loved pulling on the tab and seeing the giraffe pop up!                                                             I loved the technique so much that I made and sent several cards from the "pattern" that was on the Hero Arts website then.  Jennifer McGuire had a tutorial on the website on how to make these cards, and I tried it. They are much easier to make than they look, and come together in just a few minutes.
I have added Jennifer's link from Hero Arts here, which has full instructions with pictures:
                                                                  
Pull Up, Pop Up Card - by Jennifer McGuire, Hero Arts

 I hope you will try these.  They're so fun, and really easy. You can make them cute and playful, like the one I made for Keeley, or elegant like the pretty flower one I made here.

                                                                               
These pictures show the cards in their open position.  The pictures on the link show both open and closed, and the directions are concise and easy to follow.
Have fun with this, and if you try it, send me a link to your card.  I'd love to see what you do.

On a personal note, the Buffalo shower for Faith was wonderful. There were about 40 of us there, and I must say, her bridesmaids handled everything very well. There was lots of food, fun, and laughs!
This weekend we're getting Keeley from Friday to Sunday, then the following weekend it's a wild and crazy night out for the bachelorette party!
I can hardly believe the wedding is in just 24 days!!  Lots to do yet....card box to make, garter to make, and a special book I'm making for Faith.  Whew.

Enjoy your week, and have fun with this Technique Tuesday project!

Blessings,

lynda

4 comments:

  1. I'm really appreciating your inspirational ideas. Got sidetracked for a while with crazy quilting (still doing it) but I've got all this paper stuff and really do enjoy creating with it. Thahks again.
    Beryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve your pull up pop up cards! So pretty! Your colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lynda! Those 2 cards are so adorable!!!
    Will for sure have to try that tutorial out! Love trying out new things!!!

    Hope your having a great happy day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those pop up card Lynda...just gorgeous, I'm going to have to figure out how to make those ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!